Thursday, February 3, 2011

Lucky 13

I got on the scale this morning and was concerned because I was sure that there would be a lot of damage from last night. I had an emotional draining day that ended with the boy grounded and me with a headache from hell. When the husband called to tell me he was on his way home from work, I asked him to pick up some Taco Bell. I ate it all very happily finishing up 2 soft taco supremes and a nacho supreme. At that point I didn't care about carbs or calories or fat or sodium. All I wanted was the greasy, cheesy goodness to take away the stress from the day. Of course, after I had inhaled all my food, I immediately felt remorse. There was nothing that I could do at that point, except jump back on the wagon and keep going. So, back to this morning. I got on the scale expecting to see some numbers that I didn't want to and instead was welcomed by a 1 pound weight loss. Making sure that I wasn't seeing things, or not standing on the scale right, I got back off and on and sure enough one pound gone. I have lost a total of 13 pounds so far. I am so happy that my poor choices last night didn't come back to haunt me. I am not going to take that for granted though and just keep eating crap (that's what got me here in the first place). I am going to take it for what it is, a TEMPORARY lapse in judgement and move forward. I still have 11 more pounds to lose to make my first big goal and I don't want anything else slowing me down.

1 comment: