Friday, January 14, 2011

Easy Peasey!

One thing that I like about being on this "diet' is that is is so easy to follow. It is a very natural way to eat. I don't have to worry about counting calories or points, etc. You are just given a list of approved foods and you can have at it. Almost everything on the list are things that I love to eat, so I really don't feel like I am missing out on anything at all. And I am not thinking about food and what my next meal will be all day like I have in the past on a diet.

I have been lucky in that I have been able to find things that I can have to substitute for the junk foods that I normally eat. The recipe that I posted here reminds me of a Reese's Peanut Butter Blast from Sonic, which is my all time favorite dessert. I also can have chocolate pudding (sugar free, of course) to satisfy the chocolate cravings. The only thing that I can't find a substitute for is chips. I have bought some Barbecue Pork Rinds, and while I am sure they are not on the South beach approved list, they have no sugar and 1 carb per serving. So as long as I don't pig out on them, I think I will be OK.

The boy is now down 9 lbs. I am so very proud of him and when he saw what he had done, he became so excited about doing this and hasn't asked for any of the "bad" foods like he has been doing. It makes me proud to see him making good choices on his own. I hope that this will teach him the proper way to eat so he can live a long healthy life and not have to worry about a number on a scale as an adult like I do.

My last weigh in I was 172.6, so I am down 6 lbs. Things are moving a little slower for me. I have only been watching my foods for 3 weeks, so 2 lbs a week ain't bad. I would rather lose small and keep it off than lose big and have it all come back on and then some.

No comments:

Post a Comment