Thursday, January 6, 2011

Eating Out

This evening the boy and I went out on a "date". He had an incredible day at school AND he got all A's and B's on his report card. I decided to take him to a steak restaurant that is just down from where we live. We managed to stay on target with Atkins with him ordering grilled chicken and steamed veggies and I ordered a steak with steamed veggies. We both had a salad at the salad bar. With a little (ok, a lot) of guidance from me, the boy made some excellent choices of what to put on his plate. While we were eating, I explained to him the science behind Atkins and how it works. He seemed to "get it" and I hope he does, because understanding how your body works and it's processes makes it so much easier to make the right choice when bad choices are thrown in front of you all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment