Wednesday, January 5, 2011

First Day Back at Work

Today was the first time in 2 weeks that I had to drag my butt out of bed before 8:00. It was a tough morning, but I got everyone out the door with a good protein heavy breakfast in their bellies.

Working is tough while doing Atkins because of all the planning in advance that it takes. I was home for 2 weeks and whenever I felt the urge to eat something I would dig around until I found what I wanted and would cook it. Now that I am not home all day, I have to think about what I am going to want to eat during the day and possibly snack on. Let me tell you, at 6:00 a.m. the only thing that I want is to go back to bed. But, I stepped up to the challenge this morning and not only cooked breakfast, but managed to pack lunch and snacks for me and the little one.

One of the bonus side effect (other than weight loss) is that I have my whole family eating better. More veggies and lean protein in everyone's diet can't be a bad thing. Even the little one likes stepping on the scale to see how this change in diet is making that number go down. I do not stress the weight loss aspect of this to him, but do talk about getting healthier. We are all bit on the chubby side in our household, so I am happy to see that what I am doing is having a positive effect on everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment